You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Big Color Squares in the Artboards Space Area? Anyone?

I've been ignoring this, but it's not going away. Yes, I deleted the app and re-installed it. Yes, I created a new document to see if it keeps happening. Maybe was the Sonoma OS upgrade on my Mac? Or Is a bug? Anyway I'm tired of ignoring so I'm sharing it to you:

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

It's the background area and looks like redrawing problems (only for that area AFAI can see) when zooming in/out. Just a guess here, it could be due to Sonoma's now Metal 3 intoduction (aka it's framework additions/changes). - Did you already tried if it makes any difference here, if you disable Metal acceleration and use OpenGL instead?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Than it might be an ADe under Sonoma problem, how do the other Affinity apps (APh, APub) behave here?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

While most other apps seem to be functioning smoothly, I have discovered the root cause of this bug. I often encounter these puzzling squares that appear unexpectedly after applying the perspective transform and then rasterizing and trimming the selection.

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

If you can constantly reproduce that for ADe under Sonoma, then file in an accordingly bug report under the forums "V2 Bugs found on macOS" section (as far as there's not already one acknowledged bug for this theme).

• Staff
1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

If you can constantly reproduce that for ADe under Sonoma, then file in an accordingly bug report under the forums "V2 Bugs found on macOS" section (as far as there's not already one acknowledged bug for this theme).

Not to worry, I can move this thread to the relevant section such that a new thread shouldn't be required :)

3 hours ago, albertkinng said:

I have discovered the root cause of this bug. I often encounter these puzzling squares that appear unexpectedly after applying the perspective transform and then rasterizing and trimming the selection.

I've tried replicating this here on my M1 Sonoma machine and unfortunately I'm not seeing the same issue currently - both in an Artboard / Canvas documents, and with Metal enabled / disabled.

Can you please confirm for me, are you able to replicate this from scratch in a new file? If so, please attach a copy of that new file for me.

If this only occurs in the file in your recording, please let me know and I will be happy to provide an upload link for this document, so that I can test further.

Many thanks in advance!