You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes… on Initial words

Affinity Publisher 2.2.0

This one is reproducible even on fresh documents with untouched default text styles. On Ventura 13.5.2. Sample document is attached, and a screenshot of what happens.

1. Edit a text style/Initial words on a text style that is based on some other style.
  2. ‘End characters’ input will show [No change].
  3. Try editing this variable by clicking on the dropdown and choosing TAB or anything else.
  4. ‘End characters’ still displaying [No change]. But, if user clicks inside the input box, actually TAB is added, right after [No change] label. However, there is no effect on the text.

I would expect that choosing TAB (or something else) would set end character to be TAB and work according to this setting. This would remove [No change] label from the input. However, this does not happen.

Besides, I have noticed while working that some other Text style settings get lost, malformed, ignored… if a text style is based on another style. However, this bug above I am able to reproduce consistently.

image.png.839de864c47eaa82e49ec9a02cb8a09a.png

Inital words not working as expected.afpub

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)

Interesting catch. I think the bug is the text string [No Change]. It is actual characters instead of a null value. You see how the bold stops after the h in "This" the h from [No Change] was used. Just select all the text in [No Change], delete it and then add in what you want for end characters.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Interesting catch. I think the bug is the text string [No Change]. It is actual characters instead of a null value. You see how the bold stops after the h in "This" the h from [No Change] was used. Just select all the text in [No Change], delete it and then add in what you want for end characters.

@Old Bruce This is precisely what I did. Reported bug anyway. ;) 

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)