You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Luminar Neo as a plugin returns a black image to Affinity Photo

I use Affinity Photo 2.2.0 on Windows 11 {22H2 [Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz]} with Luminar Neo (1.13.0, 11997). This combination has worked beautifully until a few months ago.  Now when I send an image from Affinity to Luminar Neo and apply the edits and return to Affinity I get a black image.  I have been through several updates of Affinity, Windows, and Luminar without any change in the behavior.  I would appreciate any help you might be able to provide.
Thanks!!
Russell

Screenshot 2023-09-30 131122.jpg

• Staff

@RRB I've been trying to replicate this but so far I haven't been able to. I'm using Photo V2 (2.2), Luminar Neo (1.14.0) on Windows 11. Any file I open, send to Neo and add adjustments and apply all come back into Photo without issue. I've tested using multiple images/formats (JPEGS, NEF, RWL and CR3).

Have you tried removing the plugin from Photo V2, restarting your system and setting it up again?

@Lee DThank you so much for responding!  I have uninstalled Neo and reinstalled the latest version 1.14.0.   I have updated to the most recent versions of Windows and Affinity.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver to my NVIDIA graphics card.  I have not yet tried to uninstall and reinstall Affinity, but I did update to 2.2.0.   With all of that I still only get a black image from Neo.  If I export the image from Photo as a TIFF or JPEG and then open it with Neo and make edits and export as a TIFF or JPEG and then open that image in Photo, I get the appropriate image to continue my work in Photo, but that is quite a journey for each image.