You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to change colour of masked out background?

At the moment your mask is masking everything, both the Recolour Adjustment and the Background layer.

In this case, unless I’m misinterpreting your screenshot or your requirements, if you only want the mask to be masking the Recolour Adjustment then you can drag the Mask layer onto the name of the Recolour Adjustment layer on the Layers Panel.

Note: It helps us to help you if you give us a screenshot of the whole application window, rather than leaving bits out. Even if you don’t think part of the window is important, it might be useful for diagnostic purposes.

2 minutes ago, GarryP said:

At the moment your mask is masking everything, both the Recolour Adjustment and the Background layer.

In this case, unless I’m misinterpreting your screenshot or your requirements, if you only want the mask to be masking the Recolour Adjustment then you can drag the Mask layer onto the name of the Recolour Adjustment layer on the Layers Panel.

Note: It helps us to help you if you give us a screenshot of the whole application window, rather than leaving bits out. Even if you don’t think part of the window is important, it might be useful for diagnostic purposes.

Yeah, it looked like I was recolouring everything, even the plant, because when I clicked on the mask to hide it, the plant was creamy too. There was some blackout in energy, my pc restarted, Affinity restored me to the point where the plant was selected. I clicked on the Mask Layer in the right bot corner (previously I did this with the Refine method) and look now. The layers are in the same position as before, but the plant is green, not creamy as before. Why is that?

Kolor krem.png

When you hid the mask layer, the Recolour Adjustment will probably have been recolouring everything below it, which in this case is the plant and the background which are both on the same Background layer.

Try also hiding the Recolour Adjustment layer to see what happens; the Background layer should look like it did originally.

If it does, try deselecting the current pixel selection and then unhiding the Mask and Recolour Adjustment layers and then dragging the Mask layer as mentioned above.