You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity apps usage under rotated (portrait orientation) pivot monitor mode?

v_kyr

This has to be checked & tested for the Affinity apps overall behavior here on Macs then (probably also under Windows systems), see ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Is really nobody using, or ever did tried to use, the Affinity apps on a monitor in vertical pivot mode here (like the OP there in that above referenced thread)?

pivot-funktion.jpg.304ba0cafd932ec25abce129ddd62305.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

52 minutes ago, bwackv said:

Most of the time it does not work. Any developer response or ideas would be appreciated.

If no one responds here and can provide confirmation (especially from Serif) as to whether it should normally work or not, then I would consider this to be a software malfunction (bug), rather than anything else.

1 hour ago, bwackv said:

@v_kyrSo can I expect a developer response or what's next?

See what Daniel Gibert wrote in the initial thread here ...

... I have tested on both my displays on 90º, 180º and 270º  rotation and I had no issues at all. I checked with the three Affinity apps and all work like it should.

Also checked with Metal and OpenGL render engines.

Used Affinity apps 2.2 version. With MacOS Sonoma on a m2 mac mini.

And carl123 suggested to try with switching off Hardware Acceleration and fiddling with the Metal/OpenGL settings stuff on a Mac.

Did you already tried that (disabling Metal and using OpenGL instead) in order to see if that may change anything?

For a Developer's response, well as a plain user I can't force them to take a look after this, or to give some response. So if they don't look after this thread or do ignore it, you are on your own and some user responses here.

Hi @bwackv,

I've tested and can't replicate your issue.

Could you please try turning off adaptive brightness on your display settings.

If you do wish for a refund as per your other thread, we can look into that for you. Please email affinity@serif.com with your request.

Lee