You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo V2.2.0 - “Full Screen” bug @ app start up when previously closed from “Full Screen”

SteveOPSP

Issue - apparent “Full Screen” bug @ app start up when previously closed from “Full Screen”

– What Application are you using? macOS Ventura 13.5.2

– Are you using the latest release version? Yes, Affinity Photo 2.2.0

– Can you reproduce it? Yes

Hi, since I downloaded & installed the Affinity Photo 2.2.0 software upgrade (when it became available yesterday - Wed, Sep 20th), there is an apparent & repeatable "bug" @ app start up. When I close Affinity Photo 2.2.0 while in "Full" screen mode & then restart for another editing session, the app window opens to a "quirky" full screen window where it "creeps" under the top Mac menu bar & under my dock @ the bottom of the screen. If I remember to toggle out of "full" screen mode before I close Affinity Photo, at restart, Affinity Photo will open to the non "full" screen window as expected.

Fyi, when I encounter the "quirky" full screen window, I reposition the window on my screen by dragging the entire window down an inch or so, I can then resize the window so it fits within the confines of the top Apple menu bar & my dock. When I reposition the desired resized app window, the top edge will "snap" to the bottom edge of the Apple menu bar and go no further (it will not "creep" under the top Apple menu bar); and when I finish resizing the bottom of the app window to my dock, it will "snap" to the top edge of my dock and go no further (it will not "creep" under my dock).

As I mentioned earlier, when I remember to toggle out of "full" screen mode before I close Affinity Photo, at restart Affinity Photo will open to the non "full" screen window as expected. This is the first time I have encountered this "bug" since moving to Affinity Photo v2 at the end of last year. It's not a huge deal but it's rather annoying. I like it when things work as expected. LoL! I hope you can fix this "bug" in a future update. And btw, I am very happy w/my choice to move from the "elephant in the room" to Affinity Photo! Your wonderful software has brought a lot of joy to my photography journey! Thanks, Affinty Photo!

Best regards, SteveO

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 6.23.13 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 6.51.44 AM.png

Similar problem here. Whenever I plug out my external 4k monitor (BenQ Design Vue PD Series, Thunderbolt to MacBook Pro 16'', 2019, macOS Ventura 13.6 build 22G120) and relaunch Publisher 2.2 on my internal MBP screen, my workspace looks like this. This is really a problem. Please fix. :(

MBP-Screen.thumb.png.59f2a07ce70ae128b4c7ea0c23671c2a.png

Ahh … I see what the problem is. Publisher 2.2 seems to open at the external screen’s resolution and does not understand that it plays now on a smaller field. When I grab the corner of the window frame and resize it, everything gets back to normal. Thank goodness there is a workaround, but the bug is still mildly annoying. :)

Resized.thumb.png.c7cf030f76b2d3d271c98c6f30d17543.png

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "[macOS] Full screen app then close and reopen causes UI to appear behind OS menu bar and dock." (REF: AF-315) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2185".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.