You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why in Windows version of Affinity Photo now PNG export preview generating so slow and also saving is very slow?

Why in Windows version of Affinity Photo now PNG export preview generating so slow and also saving is very slow? even images are only 8megapixels of size i think its 3264x2448 pixels. one thing is i main it goed dithered mode (by accident) what is slow  but i dont understand why such is so slow even this computer. maybe such export need optimizing.

• Staff

Hi @MxHeppa,

We are aware that some users do experience slow previews dependant on the size of the file and it's contents, there is an outstanding improvement logged to offer this as a toggleable option. It's also worth noting that there are other factors that influence the speed of an export outside of just the pixel dimensions, for example exporting to PNG with an RGB/16 profile embedded can take significantly longer than exporting with an RGB/8 profile due to the file size implications exporting at a higher bit depth. The export process is also CPU-bound so the speed of your Processor is another deciding factor.

still even i know these factors still sounds very oddly slow. but generally i dont need palette based ones such high resolutions more like much lover when if i do old school machine wallpapers. and this slowness is not so bad but this is bad somehow suddenly without any clear reason png export goed non working state luckily tiff export worked and i needed only export screenshot not complex project what is needed hours do. also jepg export worked not tested others. but i dont use jpeg such cases.