You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, sorry for my english but i'm Italian   :)

I have a Problem.... i'm an Illustrator user and now i want switch to affinity designer... I have a plotter and in illustrator i create a file and the line for the cutting (I just have to rename the cutting line)

I must do the same thing of this link... I hope we find a solution, I hope I never have to buy illustrator for this thing

http://eclabels.com/ec-digital-setup.pdf

I don´t see a reason that it couldn´t be done with AD. You can define swatches (dotted line) at the Contour properties and EPS as output file format is implemented. Where do you got stuck? There´s a demo version of AD - no?

Cheers

P.

• Staff

Hi Giack10,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

According to the instructions in the PDF in Affinity you have to:

1. create the die line/shape and place it at the bottom of the layers stack;

2. go to the Swatches panel, click on the menu icon on the top right and select Add Global Colour...

3. In the Global Colour dialog set the name to FXCUT, change the dropdown to CMYK sliders and set all sliders to 0 (zero), tick the Spot checkbox and press Add button (see screenshot below)

post-59-0-19094800-1458734528_thumb.png

You now have a FXCUT colour in the Swatches panel.

post-59-0-86767300-1458734876_thumb.png

4. select your die line/shape, and click on the FXCUT colour you just created in the Swatches panel to assign it to the die line

5. with the die line still selected go to the context toolbar and make sure that the Stroke colour is set to None

You can now export the file as EPS