You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF in Landscape Mode

Hi All!

I'm new here and run into a problem:

I created a film pitch deck in Publisher in A4 LANDSCAPE format and have to export it to PDF for sharing, but when I do, Acrobat converts the document to A4 PORTRAIT format. The only way to change it in Acrobat is to buy the Acrobat application; which I don't want to do, as I would extremely rarely use the extra functions and it's expensive. 

The question is whether there is a way to lock the export/shared Publisher document into Landscape mode when exporting to Acrobat?

Thanks in aadvance for your assistance!

Heinrich Dahms

Hi @Heinrich Dahms and welcome to the forums,

Exporting a landscape document from Publisher should open as a landscape document in any PDF Reader so I'm slightly baffled as to why it's opening in portrait format.

Are you seeing this in Acrobat Reader, specifically, do you see the same if opening the pdf in a different PDF Reader or in a web browser as well?

Are you on Windows or Mac and are you able to upload a sample page or spread from your Publisher document along with an exported PDF file so we can take a look at what may be going on...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Hi @Heinrich Dahms,

No problem, let us know how you get on... 🙂

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

OK, I've made a compact version. I used Print to export, as Export in Publisher only gives me 'photo' format options and Share only offers means of 'dispatching'. 

The complete source document is very 'heavy', about 75 to 100 MB, so I need to make a light PDF export for potential investors to send by email.

Hope there's a solution other than buying a subscription in Adobe!

Thanks in advance!

GODLESS_PITCH-DECK_ENG_EXPERIMENT.pdfGODLESS_PITCH-DECK_ENG_EXPERIMENT.afpub