You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using Topaz in AP 2

OK so I bought version 2 yesterday, removed version 1 before install, everything fine until I tried to use my Topaz plugins.

Probably been answered before among the hundreds of WHY questions but!!

Although the plugins show up under filters that's it!!! cannot use as greyed out, see images.

Now remember here I am just an armature photographer who wants to process images not a computer geek.

Thankyou

AP_1.jpg.addd4867e0ff4f8d557a5620de38ab8b.jpgAP_2.jpg.bc82ec83153dd32f856071d35306b899.jpg

Edited by Russ2
Thankyou

• Staff

Hi @Russ2,

Plugins require that an RGB Pixel layer be selected before they become active, from your screenshot it looks like you're working on a developed RAW image. In the layers panel if you right click > rasterise your image and then try launching the plugin from the dropdown menu again, does it then work?

Photo 2 introduced non-destructive RAW development, allowing you to return to the develop persona and continue editing where you left off, this creates a separate layer type which Plugin's won't accept. To prevent this going forward, you can set the RAW output in the develop persona to Pixel so the output from the develop persona is a pixel layer.

image.png

Info: https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/Raw/raw.html

13 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @Russ2,

Plugins require that an RGB Pixel layer be selected before they become active, from your screenshot it looks like you're working on a developed RAW image. In the layers panel if you right click > rasterise your image and then try launching the plugin from the dropdown menu again, does it then work?

Photo 2 introduced non-destructive RAW development, allowing you to return to the develop persona and continue editing where you left off, this creates a separate layer type which Plugin's won't accept. To prevent this going forward, you can set the RAW output in the develop persona to Pixel so the output from the develop persona is a pixel layer.

image.png

Info: https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/Raw/raw.html

Thankyou,  rasterise your image that works.