You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD2: Colour Wheel Not Letting Me Pick Colour In Pixel Mode

Just a guess: Maybe try creating a Pixel Layer?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

It's supposed to create a Pixel Layer for me

That will depend on your Assistant settings, I think, and possibly what object/layer you have selected currently.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

My assistant settings are set to add pixel layers

Details may be important.

-- Walt
PC:

You know what else this bug where if you CTRL+Z to clear the brushes and start again it leaves a massive splodge that isn't there

Is it always going to do that or are there any plans to fix this particular bug because I'm seriously fed up with it it just screws up my work flow constantly 

14 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Why does it keep putting this red box round the brush I have selected too ? What does it mean - looks like a warning about something 

A blue box would indicate the active brush preset.

A red box indicates the active brush preset has been modified (size, opacity, or other change to the basic brush definition). Nothing to worry about.

-- Walt
PC:

Just now, walt.farrell said:

A blue box would indicate the active brush preset.

A red box indicates the active brush preset has been modified (size, opacity, or other change to the basic brush definition). Nothing to worry about.

Cheers - would be nice if it retained the settings when duplicating the brush though ? otherwise how do I save a copy of the brush I'm using ?

53 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

it's like if I try to add a pixel layer to an object it's just stuck on the colour it's filled with from Vector Mode

It seems from my testing that you can only set the color of a pixel brush when you are working in a pixel layer, or you do not have a vector layer selected. If you do have a vector layer selected, you need to deselect it, or add a pixel layer (via the Layers panel, or by painting), before you can change the brush color.

Edit:  The above applies to trying to change the brush color using the Color panel, in the Pixel Persona, while a vector object is selected. The right way to change the brush color would be via the Context Bar, of course. Using the Color panel would be trying to change the color of the vector object, and apparently that is now prevented. On the other hand, this method does change the brush color in V1, so I'm not sure if this indicates a new bug or a bug that was fixed.

-- Walt
PC:

Just now, walt.farrell said:

It seems from my testing that you can only set the color of a pixel brush when you are working in a pixel layer, or you do not have a vector layer selected. If you do have a vector layer selected, you need to deselect it, or add a pixel layer (via the Layers panel, or by painting), before you can change the brush color.

Oh well I'm glad they improved the userability of the apps in V2 then 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Cheers - would be nice if it retained the settings when duplicating the brush though ? otherwise how do I save a copy of the brush I'm using ?

That depends on how you try to duplicate it. There are at least 2 ways you can do that. Are you doing it from the Context Bar, or from the Brushes panel, for example?

-- Walt
PC:

22 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That depends on how you try to duplicate it. There are at least 2 ways you can do that. Are you doing it from the Context Bar, or from the Brushes panel, for example?

Swipe Left from the Brushes Panel - I'm sure there was some way to duplicate it before that saved Brush Copy 1, 2 etc

1 hour ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Anyone got any ideas why I can’t set the colour for my Pixel Brush ?

I've updated a post above.

I think the right answer to this question is that you should use the Context Bar to set the brush color, not the Color panel.

-- Walt
PC:

4 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Swipe Left from the Brushes Panel - I'm sure there was some way to duplicate it before that saved Brush Copy 1, 2 etc

That method, and choosing Duplicate, will save a copy as copy 1, copy 2, etc. But I think it makes a copy of the brush preset definition, not the current settings.

If you want a copy with the current settings, use the More button in the Context Bar (next to the ... icon) and tap Save.

-- Walt
PC:

29 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I've updated a post above.

I think the right answer to this question is that you should use the Context Bar to set the brush color, not the Color panel.

Seems like it - not sure why the colour wheel on the right works but only sometimes though - bit confusion there seems to be a lot of confusion on this software with different buttons that do the same thing - especially on the brushes

29 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That method, and choosing Duplicate, will save a copy as copy 1, copy 2, etc. But I think it makes a copy of the brush preset definition, not the current settings.

If you want a copy with the current settings, use the More button in the Context Bar (next to the ... icon) and tap Save.

What More button I can't see this ?

9 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

not sure why the colour wheel on the right works but only sometimes though

It works, for me, only when I do not have a vector object selected.

-- Walt
PC: