You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rotate canvas around cursor - bug / feature request ?

• Staff

Hi @cgidesign,

This behaviour already exists within the app and requires the Alt modifier key to be used along with the scroll wheel, this will rotate the canvas based on the mouse cursor location. If you hold down Shift and Alt and then scroll this will rotate based on the document view centre.

Make sure that you have 'Enable canvas rotation with Alt+ scroll wheel' enabled under Preferences > Tools or this won't work.

image.png

https://affinity.help/photo2/English.lproj/pages/DesignAids/rotateCanvas.html

If you have just assigned the 'Rotate left/right' options shortcuts under the View menu these just rotate the canvas based on the document view centre, as far as I'm aware this has always been the case.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

Ok, that did not work in the past for me because the remote controller software did not support simulating mouse wheel simulation.

This works now with the latest software.

But, sorry, this leads to a new request:

Add a feature to control the speed of the rotation:

If you watch the video, you see it works in general (yea, rotate around pen tip cursor), but it is way to slow for fluent work.

I set the speed in the controller to the fastest setting already but that seems to be not enough.

slowrotate.jpg.c727211356882ada496f0d18d1ff1262.jpg

If I use the "normal rotate" without alt, then the speed is fine (I think it uses 15 degree steps while the rotate with alt seems to have very small steps).