You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird Printing question on Affinity Designer V2

So I have designed this document and have 2 problems.

1. If I choose print the PDF to my Brother Laser (which works fine with anything else) the document is not showing a fit to the A4 that is set too.

image.png.7f4d3f0f8a6a9f54ae7601ebbab581c4.png

Here's the output:  So I just don't know if this is a bug or what?

image.png.b913fc5f80b541a7a0192e4b79224391.png

2. On the image you see below, there are two large blocks of White Text. I've created a Style based on the one on the Right, and used it to create the same attributes for the one on the left.  My image is now showing slight differences and I don't now why. I can get a correct A4 PDF from this, by using the Export Function.  Issue one is related to Printing a PDF.

image.png.2a8c06bca52698238f16e5467363c4fa.png

Hi @TopRobRoy,

What happens if you change the Orientation from Automatic to Portrait in the print dialog window, currently it looks as though the portrait page has been printed using a landscape orientation...

As for the font issue it looks as though the white text on the left has a blue outline and the two whites do look different as well.

Are you able to upload your file along with the pdf file generated from it so we can take a look at where the problem may lie?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Consumer Metrics Test Colour and Font issue.pdfConsumer Metrics Test Colour and Font issue.pdf

On 6/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, Hangman said:

Hi @TopRobRoy,

What happens if you change the Orientation from Automatic to Portrait in the print dialog window, currently it looks as though the portrait page has been printed using a landscape orientation...

As for the font issue it looks as though the white text on the left has a blue outline and the two whites do look different as well.

Are you able to upload your file along with the pdf file generated from it so we can take a look at where the problem may lie?

Hi. Thanks for that.

I'm happy to send the file here and appreciate you taking a look.  I can't see where the information comes from to change the white and the blue line. I copied the white text on the left and pasted it, but that didn't work. There's been some changes but these issues do still exist.

20k Consumer Metrics RYA.afdesign