You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - PDF too big

BACKGROUND

I had few issues with Affinity Publisher and .afpub files get larger (exceeding 650MB) when I prepare 66 pages 8.5x11 size magazine.

I realized the issue was use of Affinity Photo in connection with Affinity Publisher. 

This is how I experimented. 

I saved my first 650MB afpub file and the I started same on a new format from scratch.

There were few images I had to edit on Affinity Photo while I am doing layout on Affinity Publisher. So I was juggling between Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher. Soon after the edit, afpub file size skyrocketed, like in 150MB.. for just one page. I stopped there and edited all the photos separately in PSCC and then kept creating my 66 pages document.

I ended up my afpub document completed with 17.8MB with 66 pages to fit in 8.5x11. So I know now I should not edit on Affinity Photo when I m working on Publisher. So the problem is solved.

QUESTION

I started exporting 17.8MB document as a pdf with PDF(print) setting, then I had my pdf 280MB size. I have done this in the past and I ended up my document having around 100MB. I am not sure why my PDF file size getting so high while exporting 17.8 MB file as a pdf.

Help needed.

Thank you for the support from the team. 

16 hours ago, Lee D said:

@Priyantha Would you be able to provide a sample .afpub file this is happening with so I can do some testing. If the contents of the document are private, please send me a link via PM instead.

Absolutely yes. Can you send me a Dbox link, and I will drop it in. I have been assisted in that way be your team. I really appreciate if you could facilitate that. Thank you 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:33 PM, Lee D said:

@Priyantha Would you be able to provide a sample .afpub file this is happening with so I can do some testing. If the contents of the document are private, please send me a link via PM instead.

Are you able to share a Dropbox link with me