You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disappearing Brush Panel (Affinity Photo 2 Beta 2.1.0)

Running the latest Beta update 2.1.0 (1790) . My brush panel is nowhere to be found at startup. This happens sporadically, but when it does, I have to close and reopen Affinity Photo multiple times in order for it to come back.

"Brushes" is ticked in the Window menu drop down, but the panel is nowhere to be found. This only started happening since installing Beta.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:48 AM, paolo.limoncelli said:

Do you have an external monitor maybe?

It happened to me too a couple of times, but with tools palette (I use it undocked) and I've found this on the second display.

I do. I have two actually. Running a 27" iMac with an external 24" and a 24" Wacom Cintiq. that is what I thought too, but it is nowhere to be found. Once I relaunch Photo (often multiple times) the panel returns, although it has been reduced down. (I use the brush panel undocked and expanded out the full length of my window.)

It actually JUST happened moments ago while working on the Cintiq. I restarted Photo and it returned in the center of my main monitor.  

• Staff
8 hours ago, BJohnsonCreates said:

(I use the brush panel undocked and expanded out the full length of my window.)

It does sound like what @paolo.limoncelli is seeing. The panel is hiding somewhere on your other screen. Next time it happens, try to Right Click on the app in the dock > Options > And assign it to your current display. That should bring any floating panels across.