You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply changes on one to layer to other layers automatically

Scenario: I am working on creating a tileset for my game. In order to make my tiles seamless, I need to ensure that each side is able to match up with the opposite. So what I have is a single tile created, and I created copies of that tile on all edges that way I can see what needs changing. What I would like to do is have one 'master layer' per say, and have each of those copies just be representative of the original master layer. I think this is something you can do in photoshop but not sure. Anyways, is there any feature or assistance with this type of workflow?

5 hours ago, Catshill said:

You could create the shape and make it an asset or symbol.

Assets don't work this way, they neither can get "updated" nor can they contain linked contents (but turn those to embedded).

But, besides Symbols, also a linked document used as master tile + multiple copies might work to get all instances updated once the 'master' gets changed.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

9 hours ago, thomaso said:

Assets don't work this way, they neither can get "updated" nor can they contain linked contents

Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP, but I did not see a request/need for shapes to be updated or that the base object needed to comprise linked elements.

6 minutes ago, Catshill said:

I did not see a request/need for shapes to be updated

True, I was rather interpreting this as a desire to (auto-)update the instances after the single tile got its required changes:

17 hours ago, DallasP said:

I have is a single tile created, and I created copies of that tile on all edges that way I can see what needs changing.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1