You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 ~ inline tables not behaving in IDML imported simple 1 column text layout....

Dear Affinity support,

I am still evaluating by importing a book in IDML format 300+ pages, with 250+ citations (that's another entire problem and troubleshooting altogether, which I will also likely raise another thread). Here, I am struggling in the inconsistency on why inline tables don't behave as consistently as they should. In a fresh new document I can copy and paste tables and the inline behaviours works as intended , in that I can reshuffle and/or reposition the table and as expected ~ the text will reposition/reshuffle as accordingly.  However in another layout (IDML imported), it's completely erratic. I cannot reshuffle and the table seems "stuck" that it somehow has a bottom anchor applied by default somewhere or somehow.

Video provided.

Regards, Cogent 30. 

Edited by Cogent30
elaboration

1 hour ago, Cogent30 said:

why inline tables don't behave as consistently as they should

It's difficult to judge but my initial thought is to check your paragraph styles. Your leading should be set to automatic, (the paragraph you are pasting the table into) because otherwise the table will not fit into your defined fixed leading, e.g 14pt.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

So I have tried "Default", manual messing around with leading points and the table still acts erroneously. Once again I just wanted to Afpub to simply handle inline objects, anchored objects alike ~ to behave as they should without having to resort to manual pinning. Eg. just like a word processor layout.  

I decided to share my troubleshooting afpub here for anyone who can look into this (in conjunction to my other thread/ticket)

Once again, I am still new to Afpub , however surely something like this should not be that problematic, coming from a decade of use from indesign. 

regards,

~cg30

For troubleshoot ticket.afpub

Edited by Cogent30
elaboration

1 hour ago, Cogent30 said:

however surely something like this should not be that problematic, coming from a decade of use from indesign

I am also a long time inDesign user since the first inDesign beta release in fact.

InDesign works the same way, so if you want to insert an inline picture to an empty paragraph, that paragraph needs to have the leading set to Auto, otherwise the text will not move to accommodate the height of the picture. 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4