You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Correcting 'Mismatched colour profile' too complicated

Maybe I am overlooking something? Here is my recipe for correcting images in APu marked with a 'mismatched colour profile'.

Starting point: An opened PDF, now in CMYK, having lots of embedded images with no colour profile.

Current workflow: To get rid of the 'mismatched colour profile' errors, make the images linked, open and edit them in AP and finally save / export them.

Wanted workflow: Put the embedded image into isolated layer mode and assign the correct colour profile in the Photo Persona. Easy and shorter!

For those going to give me the advice to rasterise the images: NO, but thx anyway for your support. I have NO control over HOW the image gets rasterised. In my case rasterising the image leads to a recognizable loss of quality.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Once you've made them Linked, double-click them and switch to the Photo Persona. Then set the color profile there, and Save.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Once you've made them Linked, double-click them and switch to the Photo Persona. Then set the color profile there, and Save.

Count the clicks, the time used and then tell me what would be less complicated or time consuming.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

1 hour ago, joe_l said:

Count the clicks, the time used and then tell me what would be less complicated or time consuming.

It's less complicated than switching to the Photo application, as you described you're doing now. 

It's also possible you can avoid switching to the Photo Persona and do it all in the Publisher Persona once you've made them Linked. Double-click, Document Setup, make the change, and Save.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1