You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shrink text box, and font size, within a group, with group

I am in Publisher.  Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I am against a deadline, I am going to bed now, hope I have an answer in the morning.  I have a mixture of objects (boxes, lines etc.) and text boxes grouped together.  I need to scale/shrink the resulting object.  When I drag a corner and shrink, the text boxes turn from single lines to two lines, i.e. the font doesn't change size in proportion to the rest of the objects in the group.  How can I get the text box and font size to change in proportion with the rest of the group?  Also line width/weight is not changing either, and I need it to!

Use the outer handle in the bottom right corner for dragging. This will adjust the font size of Frame Text objects even if they are not grouped.

Whereas resizing numerically (via Transform Panel) does never affect the font size of Frame Text objects, regardless of being grouped or not, but Art Text objects only.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

the boy stood on the burning deck … but forgot the checkbox. beaten! 🦄

P.S.: "shift" depends on your custom app preferences (and object types, too). So "shift" may be required or not to maintain the aspect ratio while dragging.

Edited by thomaso

thomaso,

Just noticed you are from Cologne Germany.  Been to your city, kind of matters  how you count, four times in the last 5 years, all on river boat cruises.  The last time the boat had bikes and we (like it was me, the ship exercise guru, and the local guide) rode a large circle around Cologne.  Its a VERY beautiful city!  Been trying to talk my wife into renting a place (or more) apartment and spend a year in Germany, so far I have not talked her into it, and I still don't know why (Todd Snider, I think I am an alright guy).  Next river cruise will be in October while the leaves are turning.

"Cologne. Its a VERY beautiful city!"  – No. At least from architectural aspects it is famous for its ugliness, "by design" of the 1950th. Additionally it's heavily critisised for its terrible cycling infrastructure AND overcrowded by cars. – Where are you from?