You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom Short Key Issues (V2)

How come I always keep getting tripped up with this short key - Z ?

It's useful for switching in between zoom and whatever function I'm using - sometimes though it is determined not to work so I end up clicking back and forth with the Z and then before you know it I've ended up moving some layer off the page and then also I can't get it back because then CTRL-Z then refuses to work ! 😠

I keep going through the same crap time and again and I need to figure out if this is a software glitch or something I'm not doing right !

It should show the + icon sign for zoom but sometimes it's slow to appear or doesn't appear until I start zooming using the left mouse button and holding it down

Are you Dragging, left-right when zooming in or out ? There's several ways to zoom.

• Short Cut key Z to activate the zoom tool
  • Pressing the Spacebar first, then the CTL key. The cursor will change to the Zoom tool, Plus ( + ). However can be very useful, because you just need to release CTL key while keeping the spacebar pressed, and you have the Hand/Pan tool, and move around your document.
  • Using the Mouse Wheel
  • Keyboard shortcuts of CTL + 0, or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.
  • Using the Zoom tool, then just left mouse clicking to zoom in, ALT + Left mouse click to zoom out.

All those work fine for me. I tend to use my mouse wheel the most. There's a setting in Preferences>Tools Use mouse wheel to zoom. Also right below that, is Scrubby Zoom.

Affinity Photo 2.3..; Affinity Designer 2.3..; Affinity Publisher 2.3..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD