You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta confusion and download problems

Beta confusion & download problems.

Unlike the AD Beta forum section there is nothing pinned over here. 

Over there, we have the current Beta pinned and a thread anticipating beta 1.5.

It's perfect for easy reference.

Here, I have no idea what the current Beta v is and..... where it is. 

When I open my Beta (1.4.1 beta 4) I get a warning saying that it's expired and I need to download the latest Beta with a link to this page. Fine.

The only thing I see with a Beta version on it here (at the time of this writing) is a thread halfway down the page for Beta 3. No idea where to go now.

So I have Beta 4, I can't seem to find a Beta 5, so maybe the current 1.4.1 MAS version is the latest AP version.

If that's the case, then there should be something Pinned that states that.

I do need to update my MAS. I have tried many times. 

I only get a nondescript error message "An error occured during purchase". No luck.

What do I do?

• Staff

Hi JimmyJack,

You can find the latest Beta (1.4.2 beta 1) here (disregard the thread title which was not updated - it was an oversight). In any case it was a small update.

If you install it you should get the Beta running again. Sorry the confusion.

Regarding the MAS purchase: open the App Store app, go to the Purchased tab and check if you have Affinity Photo listed there. If so, move the existing Affinity Photo MAS version from your Applications folder to the trash and reinstall it again from the Purchased tab. If it's not listed there and you have bought the application, you need to contact the Mac Apple store directly since its Apple who manages all purchases. You can do so (Report a Problem) from this link.

• Staff

Hi JimmyJack,

Usually those threads are always pinned at the top until we start new one with the next Beta. This is the first time (if i remember correctly) that it was unpinned without a new release.

I don't know what happened but if someone has unpinned it, there was probably a reason - maybe a new Beta was coming and then delayed due to some critical bug found on last minute.

I will try to know what's going on before changing anything.

Regarding the error message it's quite vague. We don't have any way to help you from here since all customer's records/details/purchases etc are managed by Apple itself. Do you have received the invoice that Apple has sent to the e-mail associated with your Apple ID? If so just contact them and they should be able to solve this for you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.