You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A shortcut doesn't work if it's combined with a delete button.

I'm trying to add shortcuts that I use in Photoshop (delete+any button). It is added without any problems, but when I try to use it, the layer is just deleted. So it activates only a "delete" button and avoids the combination. For example shift+delete to "fill", or option+delete to fill with primary color. Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 00.30.58.png

• Staff

Hi @romeosorokaand Welcome to the Forums,

You aren't doing anything wrong, we even use Backspace as part of our default shortcut for Inpainting, so from my understanding, i can't see why you wouldn't be able to use it as part of another shortcut.

I've replicated the issue here and have just logged this with the Dev team :) 

On 3/15/2023 at 9:24 AM, stokerg said:

Hi @romeosorokaand Welcome to the Forums,

You aren't doing anything wrong, we even use Backspace as part of our default shortcut for Inpainting, so from my understanding, i can't see why you wouldn't be able to use it as part of another shortcut.

I've replicated the issue here and have just logged this with the Dev team :) 

I reported that problem a couple of years ago - modifier keys ignored when used with backspace key. I'm again wondering how many bug reports fall into a black hole and whether I should re-report bugs that haven't been fixed for years.

15 hours ago, ,,, said:

I reported that problem a couple of years ago - modifier keys ignored when used with backspace key. I'm again wondering how many bug reports fall into a black hole and whether I should re-report bugs that haven't been fixed for years.

Oh, nice to know that it isnt my own problem, i mean it is not about my OS bugs because of some apps that use the same shortcuts or something like this.
Thanks 👍