You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lock button on layers

So Im using affinity designer v1 for ipad and for the LONGEST time I have been requesting that serif please add lock icons on each layer so that I can easily and quickly lock and unlock my layers instead of going into the "..." button in the layers studio and locking it there. Its just too many steps just to lock a layer.

Y'all. 😒 Tell me why Im just finding out that if you go to the hamburger menu in the layers studio and turn on "show unlocked," lock icons appear on each layer making it easy to lock and unlock your layer...............WHY DIDNT NO ONE TELL ME!!! WHERE WAS THIS YEARS AGO. I BADLY NEEDED THIS! This should be turned on automatically. I am literally so happy right now. The struggle and many steps that I went through just to lock my layers by hitting the "..." button is over. Its over. 😭 Now I can just go to my layers and tap the lock icon to lock and unlock my layers. Its so much better. Just one single tap and done. Im so relieved this exists because v1 isnt getting any updates anymore. sigh.

I use v1 because I cant with v2. Bleh. So if I have any feedback for AD v2 for ipad its that the icons on the layers are just WAAAAYYYYYY TOO CLOSE. Like, you literally have the lock icon, fx icon, and visibility icon next to each other hugging. HUGGING!!! You got to separate them.  What is going on? Who approved this? Why hasnt this been fixed? This should have been fixed last year after v2 was released. We're in March already. Please space them out. Theyre so close to each other. My apple pencil is not that precise. Space the icons out. Look at the example below and do it the way it is in v1. 

Current:  fx🔓⏺️(too close)

Fixed: fx.  🔓⏺️

I find that my pencil is easily precise enough for those icons, but not everyone who is likely to use the software is going to have one.  Trying to hit those tiny icons with your finger is an exercise in frustration.

Rather than spacing them out more, I would suggest an option (similar to the one in the desktop version) to make the individual layers larger in the list, and make the icons correspondingly larger as well.  It is not just those icons which can be a challenge to hit accurately.