You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Data Merge and Layers/Artboards/Slices naming

Hi there,

I want to localise my UI assets using the Data Merge feature, and the naming of the PNGs is part of the localisation too.

Is there a way to name Layers/Groups/Artboards picking these from a CSV (just as I do with content) so I could easily auto-generate slices' names on creation from Export Persona?

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• Staff

Hi @paolo.limoncelli,

I'm guessing you'll be opening your Publisher file in Photo/Designer after the fact since there isn't an Export Persona within Publisher?

If I have understood your query correctly, there isn't a method to auto rename existing layers using the data merge function as far as I'm aware, though perhaps another user may have a solution.

Exactly...

AD doesn't allow Data Merge but has Export Persona which can automatically create slice name using layer's one.

APub can open AD files.

At this stage I'd use Data Merge in APub to populate and properly naming all in my AD project, then open the file again with AD again and generate slices.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers