You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All Brushes disappeared in AP

Suddenly my brushes (all my brushes!) have disappeared. I highlighted a category which I no longer felt I needed, hit delete category and all my brushes suddenly disappeared.  No problem I thought, I will just reimport the ones I need. Simply you would have thought. Here comes the problem, Affinity photo will not let me import any brushes, no matter whether they are affinity supplied brushes or third party. I keep getting message “No compatible brushes found”. I have tried restarting photo, I have rebooted my computer just to cover all angles. I’m all out of ideas. Affinity tech boys over to you I guess. Hopefully you can come up with an answer.

You will probably need to reset your brushes:

1. Make sure no Affinity V2 apps are running.
  2. Press and Hold Ctrl while starting one of them. When you get the Clear User Data dialog, you can release Ctrl. (Note: if you're using Windows, you may need to click on the application icon on the Task Bar before you'll get the dialog. Keep Ctrl pressed until you get it.)
  3. Deselect all options, and Select Reset Brushes.
  4. Press Clear.

That will reset the brushes for all 3 V2 applications to their factory state. You will need to reinstall any personal brushes you've installed previously.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ah you’re the man!! I’ve been around the block a few times but learnt something new today, so simple. Just goes to show you can never know it all. Thanks Walt, all good now. saved me some heartache. Have a good day, or night as the case may be.

You're welcome.

It will be good if Serif figures out what's going on and fixes it.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, silvercleave said:

Sorry but didn't work for me on windows 10

What did you do, exactly, and in what way did it fail?

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What did you do, exactly, and in what way did it fail?

Held ctrl down while load designer, presented with  screen selection for affinity designer 2, selected reset Brushes and then selected enter on keyboard, prog then loads but not all brushes, I have since loaded affinity photo and looked to see the brushes which are all there, perhaps I could download this set and then load to designer? 

24 minutes ago, silvercleave said:

perhaps I could download this set and then load to designer? 

Probably not. 

Are Photo and Designer both V2? Are both installed using the MSIX installer, or both installed using the EXE/MSi installer?

Are both at the same release level, as shown in the Splash screen or the Account dialog?

-- Walt
PC: