You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

clone brush fanatsy

There are a few things I don’t understand here:

1. What were the Clone Tool settings? Letting us see the Pan Tool in action doesn’t give us much information about a Clone Tool problem.
  2. Where were you wanting to clone from? Which layer and which location on that layer?
  3. Why is your image in colour when the visible layer thumbnail seems to be in greyscale (maybe only the child is wearing colour and they are too small in the thumbnail for us to see the colour)?
  4. I don’t recognise the ‘diamond’ filter/adjustment icon in the layers panel. Usually best to open parent/child groups so we can see as much as possible.

The more information you can give the better we can help, usually.

P.S. Have you tried switching Hardware Acceleration OFF?

1. I don't use hardware acceleration. 

2. What you see is a screen shot of what happened. Were I to try and send the original file it would be refused. It is large with many layers and masks despite being lowish definition.

3. The rectangular fantasy is the clone zone. All layers are in colour. As I said in the comment I was cloning a dark halo from above the arm (Visible in the screen shot) using the grey background ( also a colour layer) as a source to overwrite a black halo over the upperside of the boy's arm and the left side of his right shoulder (all in colour).

4. Sorry, I have no idea what you mean.

I have been using Affinity Photo successfully, apart from learning differences from Photoshop and After Effects, since its inception and have never before encountered this. What I needed was achieved successfully using other software. So thank you for taking the trouble to reply. But I thought mentioning the even might be useful to someone.

• 2 weeks later...