You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Toggle "draw with finger" on/off

The thing that makes me constantly mad.

All iPad apps I use (Concepts, Procreate, even Notability) understand that when I hold a pencil, I want to draw with it, not with a finger. But then I still can manipulate shapes/layers etc., with fingers.

When I sketch a concept in Affinity Suite on the iPad or refine an illustration, I constantly get small brush strokes from my hand resting on it. But after switching to "touch for gestures only," I always forget that I can't manipulate frame points of objects or select anything anymore because I have to do it with a pencil.

Perhaps, it's helpful for someone to sketch with a finger, and some people use this function. But please add the option to switch it off for drawing tools (Paint Brush, Vector Brush, Pencil, etc.) Tools that are intended to be used with Pencil on iPad.

P.S. Other than that, new apps are pure joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Today experimented with vector illustrations. Same thing. Several small vector strokes that were unintentionally made by hand appeared in the Layers panel.

And this is very annoying because I use Affinity mainly for ideal polished work, not for messy concept/sketch phase. This means I have to constantly worry about them when I work on iPad.

Thanks for the workaround, but my message is more a request to make the app a bit more polished and professional than a search for how to solve the problem. It shouldn't be my problem in the first place.

I still can switch to "touch for gestures only" if I need polished work. Yet it is a small obstacle to a flow state when using the app.