You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy/Paste parameters? & XMD files?

I'm brand new, coming from Aperture.

In Aperture, we can hit Command+Shift+C to copy the color, vignetting, sharpness parameters, etc., from one file to another file or group of files. Is that possible with Affinity, and how?

We're also able to develop multiple versions of one file, keeping most parameters in place and adding another for a second version, without affecting the original file. We can export selected versions as JPGs, etc., without flattening the original or requiring endless duplication of the original. Possible with Affinity, and how?

Is there a tutorial that addresses this, and where?

Thanks!!!

david

I'm no expert. 

But I believe in Affinity, you do everything by copy.  But you have several paste commands to choose from.  The main one's you'll be interested in are, Paste Styles, and Paste FX, under the Edit menu.

I don't know the specifics, but line styles, colors, adjustments are all pasted in the Paste Styles command.  And of course anything in the FX menu is copied over using the Paste FX.

If I understand your other question, I believe you can export a file at anytime, and it will save off whichever format you have chosen, and you don't have to flatten your file at all.  

Hopefully I understood your question.  If not I apologize in advance.

• Staff

Hi dspellman,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can save presets for each section in Develop Persona (Basic, Lens, Details etc), but you can't simply copy all settings applied to an image  and paste over another.

All the features you're describing are usually performed in a DAM software which is able to manage multiple images/libraries and apply settings to whole groups etc.

Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing software (similar to Photoshop + Camera RAW). It doesn't manage libraries or groups of photos like Aperture or Lightroom.

We already announced our own DAM (digital assets managements) software solution for later, which will work seamlessly with Affinity Photo and should be able to do what you're describing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. This will, then, delay our adoption of Affinity Photo. We've lost Aperture (no longer supported by Apple) and aren't interested in a subscription-based cloud-required plan like the one Adobe is pushing, so we're a bit stuck when it comes to handling workflow for professional photography, where a routine job might require editing 2000 images quickly and efficiently. Have you announced an introduction date for your new software solution?

For now, it looks like we'll use Aperture a while longer (support or no) along with the older versions of Photoshop that don't require subscription and some plugins/standalones we've had forever (Topaz, Portrait Professional).

Hi dspellman,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can save presets for each section in Develop Persona (Basic, Lens, Details etc), but you can't simply copy all settings applied to an image  and paste over another.

All the features you're describing are usually performed in a DAM software which is able to manage multiple images/libraries and apply settings to whole groups etc.

Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing software (similar to Photoshop + Camera RAW). It doesn't manage libraries or groups of photos like Aperture or Lightroom.

We already announced our own DAM (digital assets managements) software solution for later, which will work seamlessly with Affinity Photo and should be able to do what you're describing.