You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 2.0.4 HANGING

Hi guys,

unfortunately I updated to Affinity 2.0.4 last Sunday.... a mistake?  All apps are hanging on Mac OS Monterey 12.6.2. Version 2.0..was stable.  How can I roll back or what to do? I am unable to use the apps. 

Command:          Affinity Designer 2
Path:             /Applications/Affinity Designer 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Designer 2
Identifier:       com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner2
Version:          2.0.4 (2.0.4.61)
Team ID:          6LVTQB9699
Architecture:     arm64
Parent:           launchd [1]
PID:              1808
Time Since Fork:  54s

Event:            hang

hendrik 

Hi, 2.0.4 is more solid than 2.0.3 was. When is this happening, when you open an existing document? Are you able to create new documents okay?

If it's just for existing documents, do they have linked resources? If so, are they documents or raster images?

Where are the documents and linked resources stored?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Oh, that's unusual. Just to clarify, you're trying to use File > Open to open a TIFF image in Designer? That should work, just not something I'd normally do. Here are some ideas to try.

• Try opening it in Photo
  • Try creating a new document in Designer and then placing the TIFF image into it with File > Place
  • Try opening the TIFF image in v1, saving it as an afphoto or afdesign document and then opening that in v2

If all that fails, please upload the TIFF image here (if you're able to) so that one of us can give it a try.

Good luck!

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

10 hours ago, Focus9 said:

The document is not even opening.  It is a single TIFF image what I am trying to open.

Can you open other documents or create new ones? Will other TIFF files open OK? Will any other app you have open the TIFF file that hangs Affinity Designer?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you guys.  I have removed all Affinity apps from my system and reinstalled all apps with release 2.04.  The apps open now and I can open the documents again.  I am sure that the there is Bug in the affinity update files from Serif.   

it is somewhat sad that Serif does not respond to a rather important issue. 

The QA testing at Serif needs to better in terms of releasing maintenance releases. 

cheers,

- Hendrik