You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor position on information pane is not relative to ruller zero point

Hello Guys,

In Affinity Photo, the cursor position shown on Information Pane/Window is not shown relative to ruller zero point.

If I move the ruller zero point, the X and Y position shown in this window should be relative to this new zero, point. Otherwise why could I move the zero point?

Another problem is in the dimensions shown on this same window. The values are not updated for the selected object.

One more problem is when I resize an object. If I resize the width, the height are also shown resizing. But it's not!

This window are completely buggy. It is the first window more important, in my opinion.

Thanks.

Hi Andre and welcome to the forum.

I agree that the Info panel should show the coordinates based on the current ruler zero position. It's the same on macOS and in v1. Photoshop and apps from other vendors don't work this way so unless there's already setting I'm unaware of to change how the information is displayed, I think this should be changed.

9 hours ago, Andre Martins said:

Another problem is in the dimensions shown on this same window. The values are not updated for the selected object.

You need to look at the Transform panel for that.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)