You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font Manager

Hello,
Yesterday I told Ally Anderson from Affinity Revolution about an oddity when replacing a missing font. She replied tonight and recommended that I post the experience in this bug section, which I have done herewith. 
I have macOS Monterey (12.6.3) installed, on an iMac-27 inch from late 2015 with 32 GB DDR3 memory. I work with Affinity Publisher 2 (version 2.0.3). 
Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of the process because, as explained below, I had already deactivated and even deleted the PostScript font in question and everything happened so quickly.

Hello Ally!
Please allow me one more question about the Publisher. Have you ever replaced a font in version 2. I had used a PostScript font in a manuscript. This was TheSans Plain, which I then disabled with other PostScript fonts. In addition to Publisher 2, the mac OS has recently also become unhappy with the old PostScript fonts. 
But since I also have an OpenType file of TheSans (Thesis), I activated it. Of course, the document I opened again showed an error message in Affinity Publisher. Using the font management and the resource management, I entered in the font window exactly with which new font the deleted one should be replaced and then closed the window. Unfortunately, the Publisher didn't replace the deleted font, but continued to display the missing font until I selected a paragraph and called up the new font by hand. Only then was the Publisher satisfied, and I could update the remaining paragraphs of the manuscript with the revised text style. 
To me, this seems to be a programming error in Publisher. I can't explain it any other way. So the question to you is if you have noticed something like this. If so, it would have to be passed on to Serif.
With best regards
Clemens

Her answer:
I agree with you. That sounds like a programming error. I have never needed to replace a font with Version 2, but it sounds like you did everything correctly. 
- Ally Anderson 

230125_Font Manager.png

• 2 weeks later...