You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 2 installs but does not start on MacBook pro

Hi everybody,

I used Affinity 1 with great fun and Version 2 is also running well. There are no problems on my different machines (Mac, MacBook pro and iPad). They all work, only Designer 2 on my MacBook pro (2018, Ventura 13.1, i5) starts (you can see the graphics of version 2.0.3) but then stops and the message appears that an unexpected error occurred. Photo and Publisher start without any problem. Even uninstalling all files and install them new didn't help. Also to download the file again and install it didn't help. I found no problems in the preferences (safety etc.). Is there any idea what the reason could be?

Look for any possible ADe v2 generated crash reports, which might tell/give some hints for crashings ...

On Macs you can (beside the MacOS own Console.app) also use some other third party tools for looking after ADe crash reports ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

7 minutes ago, Walda57 said:

I opened the crash report on ADe2. Who will be the recipient? I'm not as skilled with to read them as needed.

You can attach the contents here in this thread in a posting as txt, or a TXT-file. - Or create a new posting under the "Designer 2 Bugs found on macOS" forum section.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2