You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing fonts on Affinity Publisher version 1.10.05

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help with this. I recently updated from Version 1.8.0 to 1.10.05 in Affinity Publisher and when opening previous books I've written got missing font messages and messed up text. The text types concerned were Myriad Pro and Minion Pro

I thought it might just be a simple problem but on opening a new document found that these fonts had been removed from the pull down option list. 

OK, just go back and reinstall version 1.8.0 and all will be right I thought. No way! When I tried this the installation 'failed'.

As such am I missing something or have these two fonts just simply been removed? 

If they have how can I access them, as my previous - heavily formatted - books are virtual junk without them. 

Help!

Pete

The Affinity applications do not include any fonts, and simply use the fonts installed on the system. Thus, the implication is that the fonts are not installed on the current system you're using. Have you changed systems?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 minutes ago, morinipete said:

the system I'm assuming is MS Office?

No, it's your PC, and the OS you're running.

You apparently had installed those fonts on your old PC, but have not installed them on your new PC.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome. 

Note: For future consideration, you might use the Package function to save your projects for long-term storage. Packaging allows you to capture a copy of the main document along with any images and fonts it uses. That way, if you need to use the project on a different computer, or after you've updated fonts, you can be sure it will behave the same.

Here's some further info in the Help: https://affinity.help/publisher2/en-US.lproj/pages/Publishing/aboutPackaging.html

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same problem with Myriad.

I have Publisher 1.10.5.1342 on a laptop currently also running a license of Adobe CC, where Myriad keeps being available.

This isn't necessarily a recent problem. It's probably the first time I need to use Myriad in an Affinity context.

Marco :)