You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird text behaviour in AD..

I'm working on a document for a client and all of a sudden, when I create some Artistic text, I get a white background to the text. I have no idea where this came from and if you look at the attached pic, the background is supposed to be clear!

This happens EVERY TIME I create artistic text but ONLY for this document!

If I create a new, blank document and insert more Artistic text, it's all good and the background colour setting is obeyed. For now, Im having to create the text in another blank doc and then importing it into the original document - not a great solution but I just can't figure out where this is coming from.

Any of you guys have any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 10.09.18.png

Show your layers panel with the Artistic text selected, or even better share that ADe file for inspection. If it is a ADe v2 created file somebody else can take a look on it. - Other than that, is it a plain in ADe created file, or instead something taken over (like artistic text parts) from APub?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi, Should have said that its a V2 file. I did import it into Publisher to do a table but never touched the artistic text tool. I actually just imported it back into AP and its the same in there - no background for the text but it still shows a background.

I can't really show more of the artwork as its client artwork and there are maybe 30 layers in the layers panel. Not sure what this would show!

What is a 'ADe' file?

Try the "Revert Defaults" 93889080_defaultsrevertbutton.jpg.536894da316335e4ac62688398c61963.jpg button in the Toolbar while the text frame is selected. It will reset the text frame style and its text style for the selected frame. Then directly create a new text frame. It should now be created in the same appearance as the reset frame.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1