You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity designer v2 folder/directory error

Nats1

I have Windows 10 v 21H2, 8GB ram, 64-bit operating system.

I have this issue.

When I first start up AD2 and want to insert a vector graphic I made into my current design, and saved in my usual directory, AD2 goes straight to system 32.
I then have to change directory.

I opened a file in my folder to continue working in Affinity Designer 2.

When exporting as a png it wants to save it in system32.

This happens often. I have no idea why.

I noticed that after installing AD2 for the first time it went to system 32. (I bought the trio)

It does waste a bit of time going to the right directory every time.
After I change directory to what it should be, and save work it's fine.
But if I close down I go back in I have the same issue - goes back to system 32 every time.

and also

Ctrl Alt Down (to move text lines closer) turns my entire screen upside down.
I use Ctrl Alt Up to fix it.

These are all the issues so far. I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks very much.

Edited by Nats1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Nats1,

The app should remember the last directory you searched for an image in. Please could you try reinstalling the app to see if this solves your issue? CTRL + ALT + Down should be working provided Affinity is currently the active window on your screen. Please try reinstalling the latest version of our apps 2.0.4 to see if these issues still persist.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Callum said:

Hi Nats1,

The app should remember the last directory you searched for an image in. Please could you try reinstalling the app to see if this solves your issue? CTRL + ALT + Down should be working provided Affinity is currently the active window on your screen. Please try reinstalling the latest version of our apps 2.0.4 to see if these issues still persist.

Thanks
C

Sorry I'm only replying now. I did upload the updates, but I still have a folder issue, in all 3 unfortunately. 

CTRL + Alt + down still has an issue in V2 designer, I haven't checked in photo or publisher yet.

So for now I've gone back to V1, and everything is better, but it looks as though I've lost a few commands with the updates in V1. The lighten and darken brush in photo doesn't work like it used to, I don't know why.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:10 PM, Callum said:

Hi Nats1,

Thanks
C

Thanks Callum

As I bought the trio together, are you suggesting I delete and reinstall each one? I do have v 2.0.4.  CTRL + ALT + Down isn't working, I've just tested it - it flips my entire screen upside down. However, some good news in V2 designer it has remembered the path name now. I still need to check Photo and Publisher.

I'm using it on my laptop with the latest windows 10.

Thanks

Hi Callum

Sorry, V2 photo exports files to system 32. I tried exporting as a png file.  I have photo 2.0.4

V2 Publisher I have v 2.0.4 as well.  Exporting a png takes me to system 32 again, but exporting a pdf takes me to my documents, but not in the actual directory.

Thanks

N

• Staff
On 1/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, Nats1 said:

Ctrl Alt Down (to move text lines closer) turns my entire screen upside down.
I use Ctrl Alt Up to fix it.

This is a common shortcut with some graphics drivers to alter the rotation of the screen; it isn't Affinity doing that :) 

I recommend checking your nVidia/AMD/etc settings.

54 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

This is a common shortcut with some graphics drivers to alter the rotation of the screen; it isn't Affinity doing that :) 

Thanks Tom, I'll have to get that checked.

19 hours ago, Tom Lachecki said:

Hi Tom

I installed the latest version of GE Experience and then updated the nVidia driver from there.

I went back to Designer. CTRL + ALT + Down isn't working, I've just tested it - it still flips my entire screen upside down.
Could this be because it's a regular windows command?

So I disabled the hot keys, and now my screen doesn't flip upside down on CTRL + ALT + Down, and changes my spacing as it's supposed to.
I'll try this for a few days and see how it goes - hopefully I don't need to change it back again.