You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Endless loading time for tiny files on Mac

Multiple (tiny: 3mb & 2.2mb) files have failed to load for days. After redoing the design so far, one file works, but a different one started loading forever and is now unusable. The files stopped working after (one of a few) unexpected crashes but that was just the first time closing the file, so not sure if that's actually related.

image.png.d3d6119f3d12e8cc1a8493749054a48c.png

The basic restart, redownload steps have not helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not with Serif but I saw your post.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Are there any embedded or linked resources in this file, and if so, what type?

Where is the document and any linked resources saved to?

Would you be able to share a sample file here for testing?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike, thank you for reply!

On 1/13/2023 at 2:15 AM, MikeTO said:

Which version of macOS are you using?

I'm using Version 12.6.2 (Monterey)

On 1/13/2023 at 2:15 AM, MikeTO said:

Are there any embedded or linked resources in this file, and if so, what type?

Where is the document and any linked resources saved to?

I used a few (I think they were linked) resources and they are all png. The file and the resources are all in one folder on my desktop.

I will attach my most recent file that stopped working aka. loading until I force Affinity Designer to quit. I used close to no images or linked recourses in this project and it still happened. I'm very frustrated to say the least. It could also very well be my fault but I am really not sure how I would have done it.

map_detail.afdesign

Edited by majorproblem

2 hours ago, majorproblem said:

Hi Mike, thank you for reply!

I'm using Version 12.6.2 (Monterey)

I used a few (I think they were linked) resources and they are all png. The file and the resources are all in one folder on my desktop.

I will attach my most recent file that stopped working aka. loading until I force Affinity Designer to quit. I used close to no images or linked recourses in this project and it still happened. I'm very frustrated to say the least. It could also very well be my fault but I am really not sure how I would have done it.

map_detail.afdesign

Hmm, I'm able to open this file in both 2.0.4 and the 2.1 beta (1713) on Ventura. I can't find any problems with it. All the images are embedded which typically works well.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

For what it’s worth, like MikeTO I have no issues opening your file in both retail and beta apps.
Have you tried a system restart? That can often clear strange anomaly’s like this.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thank you both for the feedback! (I tried restarting multiple times) I've now come to the conclusion that my macbook is getting a bit old now and that might be the issue, since some of my friends also don't have any problem opening the files. I can mysteriously open in it Publisher and will continue working on it this way until it collapses again and I might need to move device.