You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

since installing Affinty Photo V2 all my tiff files with layers are now corrupted also The tiff files lack thumbnails

since installing Affinity Photo V2 all my tiff files with layers are now corrupted also The tiff files lack thumbnails.

I can't use any of my Affinity Photo files V1 or V2 they are all corrupted and are missing thumbnails I can see it in ON1 photo raw 2023, DXO Photo Lab 6, Photo Supreme v7 all my work is now ruined has this happened to any of you? is there a solution to this problem?

also affinity photo V1 OR V2 don't recognize and can't show or work with their own tiff files.

the only way left for me to work with Affinity Photo v1 or v2 is create layers than before saving the tiff file I "Merge Down" all the layers and save as tiff but this is not really a solution for me as I prefer the Master tiff Files to have layers.

• Can the .tiff files can be opened in other apps?
  • So the .tiff files don't display a preview of the files content on the thumbnail
  • Can you upload one of the .tiff files?
  • You should be able to open a v1 file in V2 but not the other way round if you have edited and saved a file in V2
  • Which Operating System are you on?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

If these files are corrupt you have nothing to lose, so you could try this with one of the files.

Rename the extension of one of the tiff files from tiff to bmp and open in another app, it's very likely it won't open but it may, else you will likely be looking at using an image repair app.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

If these files are corrupt you have nothing to lose, so you could try this with one of the files.

Rename the extension of one of the tiff files from tiff to bmp and open in another app, it's very likely it won't open but it may, else you will likely be looking at using an image repair app.

thank you for your response thanks again.

I have no problem Exporting a TIFF file with Affinity Layers in V2, and then opening it in Affinity or other apps. And File Explorer also shows the thumbnails.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5