You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text tools will cause the mouse to get stuck, and nothing can be done after the mouse gets stuck。

When I using text tools(frame text or artistic text),The mouse is very likely to get stuck( may be a 30% chance). Even  I just click once frame text layer , the text will follow and move like pressing the left mouse button. Occasionally, the mouse icon will  always a text tool icon, even the mouse moves out of the canvas area, I can do nothing at this time. I can only wait a few seconds until the mouse returns to normal.

1111.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are you still having this issue with 2.0.3? Have you tried turning off Hardware Acceleration in Edit > Preferences > Performance?

If that doesn't fix it, you should post a screenshot of your Performance settings for Serif to review as this is likely specific to your setup.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Thank you

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 3 weeks later...

This is very odd, I've never heard of this happening before. You should upgrade to 2.0.4 but that is unlikely to make a difference.

Please share a screenshot of Preferences (Settings) > Performance, this is the window:

1611404602_Screenshot2023-01-31at9_27_22PM.thumb.png.c91f60e17c69c604487381fd972f10a3.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

Thanks, I definitely don't know an answer but a few more questions because the replies may help Serif figure this out.

Do you have a view scale applied for this monitor, i.e, are you viewing it at 125%?

Do you have multiple monitors set up and is this the primary or secondary?

And which version of Windows are you using?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 9:33 PM, MikeTO said:

Thanks, I definitely don't know an answer but a few more questions because the replies may help Serif figure this out.

Do you have a view scale applied for this monitor, i.e, are you viewing it at 125%?

Do you have multiple monitors set up and is this the primary or secondary?

And which version of Windows are you using?

Cheers

Only 1 display, UI 100%, Windows 11,2.0.4 The problem still exists. It seems that the left mouse button will stick when pressed, which is why these problems are caused. V1 does not have this problem.

• 2 months later...

@Dan CThis issue still exists in the latest version 2.1, and I have noticed that not only text tools, but also mobile tools. The layer will always follow the mouse, even if the mouse has moved out of the window, as if the left mouse button will not automatically pop up after pressing it, but the mouse has actually been released, and this issue is not found in other software, so the mouse hardware is not a problem, In this situation, you need to press alt to proceed.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear this - unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this behaviour here currently, can you please provide a screen recording of this so I can investigate further?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 5/23/2023 at 11:46 PM, Dan C said:

Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry to hear this - unfortunately I'm unable to replicate this behaviour here currently, can you please provide a screen recording of this so I can investigate further?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance!

The video has been updated, and this kind of stuck situation often occurs, but it is difficult to determine when it will happen.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

My apologies, this issue is not one that our team can replicate internally, nor are we seeing reports of this issue from other users at this time.

I note that in your latest recording, the issue appears to begin after using Copy / Paste - does this always trigger the issue for you?

Are you using a third party Clipboard Manager or similar?

As I believe this issue is specific to your PC/User account, can you please create a new user account on your system, install Affinity Publisher 2 and let me know if the same issue occurs here?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!