You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[2.0.3] Apply Masters... command always picks the first master

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a document with a few pages
  2. Create 2 or more masters, for example 3 masters, keep their default name for this example
  3. Apply the Master C to all pages
  4. Right-click on a page/spread and chose the command Apply Master...
  5. The default master on the list will the first created, Master A, independent of what currently applied on the page

Expectation is that the dialog would pick the currently applied master to the page, not the first on the list.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, LCamachoDesign said:

Right-click on a page/spread and chose the command Apply Master...

The default master on the list will the first created, Master A, independent of what currently applied on the page

Expectation is that the dialog would pick the currently applied master to the page, not the first on the list.

My expectation is that I would be presented wth a list of available Masters as I have arranged them in the Master pages part of the Pages Panel. I would not expect the currently applied Master to be the default for when I want to apply a Master to Actual pages.

What is your expectation when you select three pages that have two separate Masters applied, page one with Master A and pages two and three with Master B? Or a single Actual page with two different Master pages applied to it?

I like the current presentation of the list of Master Pages as I have them arranged.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

21 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What is your expectation when you select three pages that have two separate Masters applied, page one with Master A and pages two and three with Master B? Or a single Actual page with two different Master pages applied to it?

The first from the list that is still applied.

Imagine you have 2 pages, 1 with Master B, another 2 with Master C. My expectation would be for the default shown on the list to be Master B. If you have a page with Master E and Master F applied at the same time, my expectation would be for the default selection to be the Master E. Of course, upon opening the drop-down menu, the masters will be listed as in the panel. It's just the default selection that changes.

when I am working on applying Master Pages I will have arranged my Master pages so that the first Master page is set as the one I will be wanting. I would hate to have this change to show me the Master Page which is already applied. Constantly having to choose the top one would drive me mad. Currently I right click and choose from the context menu Apply Master and the one I want is already chosen, no more clicking is required, a simple hit of the return key and I am done for that page. And on to the next.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.