You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer iPad V2 Stroke Panel - reseting and saving pressure sensitivity?

Hello, I tried looking through the forum but I couldn’t locate the answer to this question. I was wondering if there is a way to both reset and save a certain pressure sensitivity setting on the V2 iPad version of Affinity Designer?

Currently I can’t see any save or reset button. I’m not sure I saw it anywhere in the Help center either. I’m attaching a screenshot below from my iPad view. I’ve create a more “wobbly” line setup and I’d love to have a chance to save this setting as a stroke line preset.

Can it be that those options are available only for the desktop version of Affinity Designer? Thank you so much for your help! :)

7406DFC1-E3F0-4E92-9713-7482C129E735.jpeg

34 minutes ago, WeronikaSalach said:

reset

Definitively not an intuitive workflow, but you need to long-tap a node to get the reset context menu.

34 minutes ago, WeronikaSalach said:

save a certain pressure sensitivity setting

Apparently not. (yet?)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 minute ago, WeronikaSalach said:

the menu popped open after I tapped with two finders onto the pressure sensitivity panel

I guess one of them touched a node… ;) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

9 hours ago, loukash said:

Definitively not an intuitive workflow, but you need to long-tap a node to get the reset context menu.

9 hours ago, WeronikaSalach said:

discovered purely by chance that the menu popped open after I tapped with two finders onto the pressure sensitivity panel.

I thinks it’s changed from V1 but now it seems you need to tap to select any node in pressure panel, (it changes to blue colour). Then simply tap it again and you get the options menu, reset and or delete node (if multiple nodes involved.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

The pressure graphs are a little different to the width profiles in Adobe Illustrator..... and often appear to be dependent on both your 'pressure when drawing' (if set to 'pressure' in your controller option) and your internal size-variation properties settings within each potentially applied vector brush...... which also becomes a pain on the ipad (when re-naming and copying brushes is more convoluted than simply right clicking or double clicking in the brushes panel like on the desktop version).

The Pencil tool appears to remember your 'last-used' pressure-curve/width-profile at least (set the controller to none after making one you're happy with) but it can easily be thrown askew if you then add a vector-brush to your standard and width customised stroke, especially if the new vector-brush doesn't have its internal size-variation option enabled.

Saving off the pressures curves as a setting would be handy (it is on the desktop version).....as would simply adding the 'properties' button (next to the pressure curve) on the desktop version to the ipad version.... to more easily edit the actual vector-brush (and its options) attached to your individual stroke.

Edited by Secret Goldfish