You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with Pasted Images on Files From 2.0.0 and earlier.

fredleblanc

I was working on a file from Designer 2.0.0, where I had pasted in a few images that I copied from the web. I pasted in maybe 6-8 different files. I saved it, and opened it with 2.0.0, everything was fine. I just installed 2.0.3 and opened that same file and the pasted images are wrong. It seems like they're all copies of the first image I pasted in?

When I "quick look" the file from Finder, I can see the right images there, but opening the file up with 2.0.3 seems to show things wrong. If I don't save the file, the quick look doesn't break. I can duplicate the file in Finder and open it up in 2.0.3 where it's wrong. If I save that file, then quick look that newly saved file, it saves the state of all the images being wrong.

I can only seem to reproduce this in files that started in 2.0.0 and are opened in 2.0.3. For example, creating a new file in 2.0.3, pasting images from all over the place, saving, shutting down, re-opening, that all works OK.

I'm now scared to open any .afdesign files I've been working on, even from the 1.x.x days, because I don't want my source files to break.

• Staff

@fredleblanc

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Sorry you are experiencing this. Please can you attach a sample 2.0.0 file that seems wrong when you open it in 2.0.3. Do not resave it in 2.0.3, just have a look that it is showing the problem and give us the 2.0.0 version. If you need to we can provide a dropbox link for you to share the file if it is too large to attach here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thank you I will have this looked at promptly in the morning

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi @Patrick Connor — checking to see if you found anything odd (and to make sure this was happening with my files on your end as well). What's weird to me is that in the .afdesign file, I'm seeing two different logos (one much more often than the other), but they were all imported the same way I believe, as pasted graphics. Or I may be wrong. I guess I wasn't paying attention to how things were coming in at the time, this was more just tinkering with an idea.

Anyway, just seeing if something stood out to you. Happy holidays!

• Staff

Sorry I forgot to get back to you. We looked at this first thing Monday and I thought someone would have replied (like me I guess),

Any images from the clipboard that have the exact same dimensions and file format (and date which for a clipboard pasted image is empty) as each other are getting confused. 

This is a regression since 2.0.0, which you could download here https://affinity.store/update/macos/designer/2 if you want to go back to that, or please import saved images from your drive and this will not occur. It will be fixed first in the next beta (announced here when available) and then subsequently in next public release (announced here once it is available)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build this problem no longer occurs.

• Unfortunately if 2.0.3 was used to SAVE your file, those replaced images will need the original images be reinserted/pasted into your files, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd