You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Installation is not possible

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I think this FAQ will explain your problem, and how to fix it:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You might prefer to wait a little while (perhaps a few weeks?) until Serif releases the first update to v2, as that will have an MSI installer that might not produce this error. This new installer might work better than the MSIX installer they are using now.

And that might save you from having to do various Windows updates to try to fix the problem you are seeing.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 4:29 PM, Corgi said:

You might prefer to wait a little while (perhaps a few weeks?) until Serif releases the first update to v2, as that will have an MSI installer that might not produce this error. This new installer might work better than the MSIX installer they are using now.

And that might save you from having to do various Windows updates to try to fix the problem you are seeing.

Hello Corgi,

thank you for your help. Do you already have a date when we can expect the update?

Edited by Sabine_

2 minutes ago, Sabine_ said:

Do you already have a date when we can expect the update?

They are just a user, and would not know Serif's plans.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

5 minutes ago, Sabine_ said:

Hello Corgi,

thank you for your help. Do you already have a date when we can expect the update?

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

They are just a user, and would not know Serif's plans.

I am just a user, and do not know Serif's plans. 🙂🤔

They original said that the MSI package would appear in the first update, but they subsequently ran into testing problems and had to delay it. I, too, am awaiting the MSI release. It's frustrating many potential users.

12 minutes ago, Sabine_ said:

So I must wait. Yes, it's frustrating. I bought a software at the beginning of december and I still can't use it

Why can't you use it? If it's still the same problem from your first post in this topic, couldn't you use the solution I pointed to?

13 minutes ago, Sabine_ said:

Could you tell me where to check if the update is available?

You can Follow some topics in the News & Information section of the forums: 

-- Walt
PC:

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Why can't you use it? If it's still the same problem from your first post in this topic, couldn't you use the solution I pointed to?

You can Follow some topics in the News & Information section of the forums: 

I must admit, that I didn't understand your link. I'm not so good at technical issues.

Following your link I didn't understand what to do.

Which version I need to install.

Thank you very much for your information! So I will keep these topics in mind.

affinity.png

1 minute ago, Sabine_ said:

Which version I need to install.

I don't know. What version of SQL Server do you have installed now?

-- Walt
PC:

5 minutes ago, Sabine_ said:

I don't even know what it is, so I don't know. Where can I found this for looking the version?

I'm not sure if this will help, but tap the Windows key and then type "sql" (without the quotes, and don't press Enter). Then see if it displays the version of SQL you are running. You could also start the task manager and look for "Microsoft SQL Server" in the programs list.

20 minutes ago, Corgi said:

I'm not sure if this will help, but tap the Windows key and then type "sql" (without the quotes, and don't press Enter). Then see if it displays the version of SQL you are running. You could also start the task manager and look for "Microsoft SQL Server" in the programs list.

Thank you both very much!

I found the version and made the download.

Unfortunately, when I run the exe, he ask me something about my software for the doctors office (I use this computer for work). So it will be better, that I ask the software company on monday before I continue.

So I defer this problem again...

Nevertheless, thank you both an have a nice WE and evening!