You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Initial settings - basic parameters

We are all aware that a new version will not fullfill all wishes brought up by users from totally different working areas. On thing I was hoping for (since it affects all useres) was the topic of usability and workflow. Regretfully this - as before - was dropped again in the wishlist. Still we have to deal with stupid initial settings. Still changes to these setting are not saved so we have to change them over and over again.

e.g. initial color setting of the gradient tool:
jpPtondGvj.png.441c94a34bf51760673a5bac0b73e029.png

Of course no one can forsee what gradient a user might be needing - but one thing is for sure: no 0%-30% black! (Any reason to not at least start with the most likely use for e.g. masks: 0%-100% black?). And is there any reason a setting the user changed is not stored till next time (this at least would reflect different user needs!)

And sorry to say - I actually did not find one setting in any dialog that ist saved. Even worse: you screwed up the initial setting of the color selector (always ending up with CMYK as preset). I don't thing this was deliberate - still: instead of improving (I hope the intention was to change the color mode according to the document setup) you made it worse.

Frankly spoken - I was full of hope that "workflow" would be a major issue for Version 2. - I now realise that improving existing features apparently has never had and did not find an Advocate within Serif.

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com