You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

linked EPS disappearing in AFPUB2

cwoodhou

I'm running Monterey OSX with plenty of resources. I'm writing a book and I have been using all three V1 apps since they came out and have had no serious issues. Upgrading to 2.0, I am taking in version 1 afpub files which have links to eps, created by adesign1. Some, not all of these EPS files disappear in short order. They are still listed in resource manager, but they appear blank, with a negative dpi. There is nothing to select on the page and the wordwrap disappears. If I delete the layer with the eps and re-import, it repeats the same after a few edits. It does not do it on all eps files, only a few.  It also did it to an EPS generated from V2.0 afdesign too.  Sample Afdesign 2.0 eps enclosed.

sloan.eps

There are several topics discussing EPS (but also some other formats) "disappearing" in Publisher files because something is becoming corrupted and their sizes show up as 0px x 0px (or 0mm x 0mm) and thus Publisher thinks there's nothing to display.

I've only seen one so far that has an actual bug tag associated with it, but I think they're probably all the same underlying problem:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFB-6881

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 12/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, walt.farrell said:

There are several topics discussing EPS (but also some other formats) "disappearing" in Publisher files because something is becoming corrupted and their sizes show up as 0px x 0px (or 0mm x 0mm) and thus Publisher thinks there's nothing to display.

I've only seen one so far that has an actual bug tag associated with it, but I think they're probably all the same underlying problem:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=AFB-6881

Good to see it is noticed. Same probleem here with native placed .ai logo's.

On the miniature of the page you can still see the logo but not on the page itself...

17 hours ago, SDJ63 said:

Good to see it is noticed. Same probleem here with native placed .ai logo's.

On the miniature of the page you can still see the logo but not on the page itself...

found two screenshots, pdf also goes wrong

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-30 om 10.23.58.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-30 om 10.03.06.png

• 2 weeks later...

new release today - which immediately crashed with affected files - I found the solution was to remove the linked files from the directory, open the afpub file, go into resource manager, locate in document (invisible) and delete. Once all references were deleted, I moved eps files back and re-placed. Seems to work after that.

Hope that helps