You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The payment was made to my card, but I can't see the purchase or the license

• Staff

Hi @Emilio CM, welcome to the Affinity forum.

Our payment systems had a lot of traffic when you reached out but this should now have subsided.

Unfortunately the payment set aside for us by your bank was declined our payment gateway. Please see the link below for more details.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/153756-payment-failed-to-process-and-its-taken-my-money-what-can-i-do/

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

3 hours ago, StevenS said:

Our payment systems had a lot of traffic when you reached out but this should now have subsided.

I understand that there are many problems with payment by card. It's a problem for us to buy, and it's also a problem for Affinity to sell.

I am worried that December 13th will come and the promotion will end without Affinity having fixed the card problem.

I can work with the demo version, but what about afterwards?
It's a problem.
I'm sure Affinity is looking for a solution.
But will the solution arrive in time?
Thank you very much

• Staff
12 hours ago, sanborondon said:

I am worried that December 13th will come and the promotion will end without Affinity having fixed the card problem.

Please ensure that your web browser and anti-virus software is up to date, also check that there aren't any browser plugins that may be preventing the security window appearing (The Honey extension especially has been known to cause issues) or try a different browser entirely. Finally check that your firewall is not blocking any part of the payment process.

Payment portals estimate <10% of order attempts to fail for one reason or another, we experience about 5% of people encountering issues, which is lower than expected, and in almost all cases they are resolved with the suggestions above.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

10 minutes ago, StevenS said:

Please ensure that your web browser and anti-virus software is up to date, also check that there aren't any browser plugins that may be preventing the security window appearing (The Honey extension especially has been known to cause issues) or try a different browser entirely. Finally check that your firewall is not blocking any part of the payment process.

Payment portals estimate <10% of order attempts to fail for one reason or another, we experience about 5% of people encountering issues, which is lower than expected, and in almost all cases they are resolved with the suggestions above.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's on his catwalk. It is a fact that the problem is in the payment gateway.

The incidence is in the passage to your account, not in my browser.

I've done it last time in Edge and it has no extensions.
On the previous occasion it was with Firefox without extensions.

In case it helps to clarify the incident, when I write all the card details and accept, then a verification program appears. When the approval arrives with the card on my mobile, I accept it. Right after that verification program on your page, it closes saying you've been accepted. But immediately then the message jumps in red saying that it is not accepted.

It is the same acceptance system on various platforms and I have not had any problem (previously a year ago if I had incidents with an extension, and I have totally deactivated it) in the USA, in France, on Netflix, on Amazon, on Cycling, etc. It is strange that this problem occurs only with Affinity.
But it is very strange that this incident only affects you.

It's frustrating for us not being able to buy, and I'm sure it's frustrating for you not being able to sell.

I think you should think about taking note of those of us who do not have the possibility to buy at this time caused by this problem, so that after the offer ends, we can take advantage of the same discount.

I hope my translator doesn't do a bad translation and is polite, I suggest, I don't order, and I try to be polite :)

Thank you and I look forward to a speedy resolution.
I can't do more than I've done.

• Staff
5 hours ago, sanborondon said:

I think you should think about taking note of those of us who do not have the possibility to buy at this time caused by this problem, so that after the offer ends, we can take advantage of the same discount.

I've no doubt that if people reach out to affinity@serif.com we'll be able to help each person.