You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V1 Files Migrated/Saved in V2 only open in V1

StudioJason

So…with all of the hubbub about having to rename and re-save V1 files so they can be opened in V2…

I did so with a few, then suddenly noticed… my Affinity Designer Folder that installed has the AD V1 icon on it.

All others… AP and APub folders… have the new V2 icons on them…but the AD folder remains V1 icon on the folder.
There is no V1 and V2 folder…just 1 folder with the V1 logo.

‘If I opened an AD V1 file to move/export and save for transfer to be opened up in AD 2….it still regardless opened in AD 1.

‘No matter if I opened the file in V2….Saved as, Renamed, located the AD folder and saved it there…it always opens it in the AD v1 NOT V2 App.

Completely deleted V1. Opened files via AD V2…Saved As- renamed file..selected the newly created AD created folder. Opening files would successfully open in V2.

‘Reinstalled AD V1 to retain a useful copy just in case. Now all the recreated files opt to open in V1 again!????

Update: Now Files only open in AD V2 if I completely delete/remove V1 from my iPad.

Meaning, apparently I cannot have both purchased copies anymore…although, I can apparently have both V1 and V2 of Phot and Publisher as they have no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @StudioJason,

I've not been able to replicate this.  I can save an afdesign file from V1 and it opens in V2 when tapping on the file in Files.

Can you first makes sure you've backed up anything in the Affinity Designer folders, as well as the home screen of Designer and then Uninstall Version 2, which will remove the folder.  Reinstall V1 which will recreate the folder, then install Designer V2 and see if that resolves the icon issues on the folders and also see if you can then directly open an afdesign file from Files in V2.

5 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @StudioJason,

I've not been able to replicate this.  I can save an afdesign file from V1 and it opens in V2 when tapping on the file in Files.

Can you first makes sure you've backed up anything in the Affinity Designer folders, as well as the home screen of Designer and then Uninstall Version 2, which will remove the folder.  Reinstall V1 which will recreate the folder, then install Designer V2 and see if that resolves the icon issues on the folders and also see if you can then directly open an afdesign file from Files in V2.

Been fixed…a long time ago, thanks.

• 1 month later...