You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed images 100% stuck

adrm

(I vaguely recall discussing a similar issue on the version 1 forums, but I can't find it when I do a search now. If this has been addressed before and I'm just being dim, my apologies)

Background:

A brand new document created in APub v2. Mostly 2 column spreads (based on a master), with a few odd pages for images and such (also based on masters).

Issue:

When I use the Place Image tool to insert an image inline with the text in a column, the image sometimes appears in the text column as expected. At other times, e.g. just after placing the first image, images end up in other places on the layer stack. Whenever this happens, the image can not be moved inside the layers panel, nor deleted. The only way to resolve this is to use Undo back to the point before placing.

I am not at the PC that has APub installed (curse you, new licensing model), but I believe it works as expected if I have selected Inline in the appropriate settings panel BEFORE placing the images. If it's set to Pinned, the images tend to get "stuck". 

If I'm doing something wrong when placing the images, it should still be possible to delete them afterwards, right?

(I do not have an example document to upload, as I had to abandon the version 2 one, because of multiple issues such as text disappearing when reopening the document. APub v1 is still the way to go :( )

1 hour ago, adrm said:

When I use the Place Image tool to insert an image inline with the text in a column, the image sometimes appears in the text column as expected. At other times, e.g. just after placing the first image, images end up in other places on the layer stack. Whenever this happens, the image can not be moved inside the layers panel, nor deleted. The only way to resolve this is to use Undo back to the point before placing.

The placed images are most likely in the text frame in the Master/Parent page, you'll need to use a Right Click on the Master/Parent page in the Actual Page's Layer panel and choose Edit Detached. Now you should be able to select and move/edit the placed image.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ah yes, that was it, I believe. I can't verify the details against what you write anymore, but it sounds about right.

Thank you.

Now, why do the placed images end up where they did, I wonder? I tried to control where they were placed, e.g. by placing the cursor inside the text I was working on, or making sure the correct layer in the stack was highlighted. But no matter what I tried, the images seemed to end up in random/unexpected locations on the stack.

Most of the time, they ended up at the top of the stack, but sometimes in other locations.