You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug? Symbols not displaying/respecting stroke setting

This symbol clearly has an outline / stroke, but neither the width nor the colour is shown in the panel. Only after applying some new setting to it (colour), it is respected, but with the wrong values for those attributes not yet changed. Example: the stroke width of those squares is 0.9pt. When I applied a red colour to the stroke, it applied it to all symbols, but then it told me the stroke width is only 0.2pt, which is clearly not correct.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b6e4fac19b06934555712078914f25b.jpeg

image.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4617b419941e4c763ccf1784243f726b.jpeg

A symbol is a type of container.

The container itself currently has no stroke or fill, only the curve contained within.

Consider a symbol containing 2 curves: one with a red fill and the other a blue fill. What should the symbol itself report? Red? Blue? Both?

You can assign a stroke or fill to the container, and that would override any strokes / fills of items within the container.

So, I don't think it is a bug, but rather a feature of how all containers (groups, compound groups, clipping groups, constraint groups, symbols, artboards, etc) work in Affinity.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro