You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v2 - How to clear last 10 color swatches on color picker panel?

I don't know how, but I genuinely wonder why would you need to do that? Those swatches don't get in the way. It's just your "color usage history".

But what I'd actually like to see there is a tooltip with the swatch name (if any) or color value.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

3 hours ago, loukash said:

I don't know how, but I genuinely wonder why would you need to do that? Those swatches don't get in the way. It's just your "color usage history".

But what I'd actually like to see there is a tooltip with the swatch name (if any) or color value.

I do not need five copies of the same exact color in the swatch cache.  If it were to identify that the same color exists and not add it that would be better.  I don't neccesarily need or be forced the same colors in the cache if I want to change the pallete or use different colors than what is there I would like to clear them.  In the swatch panel you can delete or remove individual colors but in the swatch color cache on the color wheel you can't.  I make mistakes or want to experiment and I don't want or need every color option tracked expecially since it only contains the last 10.  What if the 10th one is the one I want to keep but I haven't taken the time to move it to a new swatch pallete.. It is GONE!   Though in this thread I just want to be able to clear it out completely when I want to.

I suppose it is just one of those silly things that apps will have when they mature and get improving:

image.png.713e153d83cc774fdecb271c0197d033.png

As an analogy, the glyphs history does not allow making room by deletion of single glyphs but the user is nevertheless allowed to clear the history:

image.png.bcf05ab6cab8118985f1376b47964cc7.png

...while in the competition they have this:

image.png.ccfe30585f06b2b03b564facc94ebc3f.png

UPDATE: Btw, the "Recents" palette in context of the Wheels view of the Color panel only seems to be updated when applying colors to shapes and objects, while the one in context of the Swatches panel also updates when applying colors to e.g. pixel brushes (the recent color palette will auto-update to that of the Swatches panel whenever an object is selected). I am not sure if this is intentional. But I have not been able to add exact duplicates in the Recents palette so it appears to have a look on existing definitions before adding new ones? Also, you need to have a different object selected so just assigning different colors to the same objects does not result in the recents palette to get updated with new colors (the most recent just gets updated with the most recent definition). I am not sure about logic of that behavior, either, but it is clear that there is meta data behind these swatches (e.g., they include the global, overprint and spot color markers) so it should be easy to add e.g. a tooltip that describes the color definition or e.g. PANTONE color name.