You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher 2 problems when working with several documents at the same time.

Hello. 

I bought yesterday Publisher 2 and I am having troubles with the program. 

If I open two documents at the same time, the program doesn´t show me on of them when I click on it. 

If I try to open three documents at the same time, the programs closes directly. 

If this problems continue, the programe is not functional for me. This program crashes too frequently. 

What is happening? Hwo can I fix this problem?

A few questions to get additional information:

1. Have you used Publisher V1? If so, did it have the same problem with these same documents?
  2. How big are the documents (pages) and how many images are in the documents (if any). Are they Linked or Embedded?
  3. What OS do you run? What kind of computer, and how much memory is installed on the computer?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

52 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

A few questions to get additional information:

1. Have you used Publisher V1? If so, did it have the same problem with these same documents?
  2. How big are the documents (pages) and how many images are in the documents (if any). Are they Linked or Embedded?
  3. What OS do you run? What kind of computer, and how much memory is installed on the computer?

Hello Walt. My name is Ramón. I answer your questions:

1. Yes, I have been using Publisher 1 until yesterday. However, I never had these same problems. I had others... about writing in some parts of the document so the software closed.
2. The document has currently 64 pages with no images at all. It has some very simple vector drawings made with Publisher for geometry problems. Very simple drawings.
3. I use Windows 11. I have a very good computer, a Surface Laptop Studio with 32 GB of RAM and 1GB for ssd hard disc.

I am checking those problems now, and it is working properly againg. However, this afternoon has been hard for me... Desperate situtation I hope it is not happening again. 

You tell me please what is the problem. Thank you for your quick response. 

Best wishes.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @raymondel78,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

We have since released a few updates for Affinity V2, the latest version being 2.0.4 - can you please confirm for me, has updating to this version resolved this issue for you? :)